O'Carolan College operates a book rental scheme to provide textbooks for rent to parents/guardians of students in our school. This allows for the provision for our students to access necessary materials. To promote and support this scheme the following applies to all users of the scheme:
- The school rents text books to parents/guardians of current students of the school at a fixed cost, paid annually for the duration of the student's attendence in O'Carolan College.
- All books rented remain the property of O'Carolan College.
- Parents/guardians, along with the students, are responsible for proper care and maintenance of books rented to them.
- Any and all books must be returned to school possession when requested, or when a student leaves the school.
- Books must be returned to the school in resale condition. The minimum requirement is that each book is intact, has all its pages, has both a front and back cover and is free from any graffiti.
- All books not returned to the school in resale condition by the date requested will be deemed lost or damaged.
- Parents / guardians will be liable to pay the replacement cost of lost or damaged books to the school.
- Students are advised to check the condition of books regularly and to carry out necessary repairs and to maintain them in correct order.
- Regular book rental checks are conducted throughout the school year and students may be advised to replace a book depending on its condition. Book checks are regularly completed by subject teachers, tutors, yearhead, the deputy principal and the principal.